Table of Contents
Writing in the Genres of the Web
- What Is a Blog? What about Tumblr? What about Twitter? Are “Notes” on Facebook the Same as a Blog?
- Twitter Only Gives Me 140 Characters!? What the Heck?
- What Is a Wiki? Is It a Blog?
- What Are Reddit and Digg?
- How Can Facebook Help to Promote My Web Writing?
What the Hell Is RSS?
The Rhetorics of Web Pages
- Hyperlinks Are the “Tubes” of the Internet
- Page Titles, Headlines, and Subheaders, OH MY!
Damnit, Jim, I’m a Writer, Not a Graphic Designer! (Or, Who Gives a CRAP?)
- White Space Is Your Friend
- But I Might As Well Be Color Blind!
- You Can’t Write for the Web without Working with Visuals
- Free Image Editing Programs You Can Use
- WTF (Why This Font?)
- How Can I Use Video on My Site?
- Jazzing Up Your Web Pages: The Good, the Bad, or the UGLY?
- Not Everyone Can See Your Graphics
- It’s Not Plagiarism If It’s on the Web, Right?
- In the End, It’s All About the Code